A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Friday, January 27, 2012

Let's Get Physical


Thursday was my second day teaching what my boss calls "Erin's Torture Class". I think she's just bitter about the push-ups I ask them to do.

I only had two and a half attendees on Thursday. Why "and a half"? Well, one of my coworkers only stayed for a little bit before he decided to, I don't know, do actual work?

Anyway, of the two that I had one was really into it and the other tried her best.

What did I ask them to do, you ask?
1A Bridges (10)
1B Prone Cobra (15 seconds)
x2

2A Flys
Chest (10, on floor)
Shoulder (10, standing)
Reverse (10, bent over)

2B Dumbbell deadlifts, straight leg (10)
x2

3A Inchworms (8, no push-ups)
3B Leg lifts (10 each side)
x2


Push-Ups - Initial Test

0-5 Group 1
6-12 Group 2
13-24 Group 3

I know some of you have asked about joining us but I'll have to see what my coworkers think about that. In the mean time, try doing the workouts on your own!

I'm having so much fun putting these sessions together that I'm honestly thinking about looking into getting certified as a personal trainer. There are just so many options out there and I don't know which one is the most respected. Any thoughts?