A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011's Secret Goal


I realized today that I left something out of my year in review post. Not really on purpose, but I guess my hind brain thought it deserved a post all its own.

I had a secret goal in 2011. One that I didn't tell very many people, if any, about.

See, my running club does awards every year. One of those awards is the Most Improved Runner. I've been silently coveting that award since I learned about it three years ago.

The award recipient is chose by the running club Board. Since I'm on the Board I try really hard not to advocate for myself. But this year a few other people did it for me.

I don't know why I blocked out my last name. I'm sure you can all figure it out if you don't know it already


They presented me with this award at the December holiday banquet. I am ridiculously pleased to have won. It means I accomplished my secret 2011 goal of earning the title of most improved runner.

I didn't get to make a speech or anything, but I really couldn't have done this without the encouragement and support of my running club friends, Kim, my husband, my mom, Coach Holly, and everyone who helped me believe in myself.

And now I'm going to Disney World!

No, not really.