A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Twenty Four Hours


Two workouts in 24 hours? What's come over me?

This week Jason and I are trying out city living by spending the week in my parents' downtown condo.


Since this place is a ten minute train ride from my office I am enjoying working out after work and still being home by 6:45 PM. Which means on Tuesday night I went to a cardio kickboxing class in the studio a block from my office before heading "home".

I was feeling strangely uncoordinated during some of the moves but I still worked up a great sweat and left with my arms and glutes feeling like they got a great workout.

Then, this morning, Jason convinced me to join him in the fitness room in the building we're staying in. Do you know how awesome it is to have a fitness center a few floors down from your apartment? It's not very big but it wasn't too busy and I was able to snag a treadmill for 45 minutes. I used this workout I just put on Pinterest:



Whew! I was dripping sweat and I could really feel my glutes working.

At this rate, I'm never going to want to give my parents' back their condo.