A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Exciting News


1. I had another employee join my lunch time strength training class and she can actually do push-ups! Hooray! Now, the challenge is to find exercises that will challenge her but not be too hard for everyone else. We did side planks today. Thirty seconds was a bit too much for some people.

1A Bird Dog (10 reps, alternate sides)
1B Roll Up (10 reps)
x2

2A Walking Lunge w/twist
2B One arm dumbbell row (10 each side)
2C Crunch & hold (10)
x2

Side steps with resistance band
x3

Front Plank (30 sec)
Left side plank (30 sec)
Right side plank (30 sec)

Push Ups – Week 1, Day 2 of hundredpushups.com

2. I decided that in my on-going goal to do things that I love, I started a fashion blog called Loop Looks!

My goal for this blog is to give other woman a chance to see real-life outfits from someone who has to commute in all four seasons, can only wear jeans to work on Fridays, and who is working with a limited clothing budget.


Please check it out and share it with your friends!

3. But the most exciting news I've gotten all day? The sports medicine doctor I'm seeing told me I can try running again!!!

We're currently working under the theory that much of my pain is caused by a spasming TFL. Not sure how accurate that is but if more stretching and PT can help me avoid surgery but keep running and working out then I'm all for it.

Although, I have to say, that walking workout I did yesterday trashed my legs. That workout is no joke. Seriously.