A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monday Moves

got_the_moves_img1

It’s interesting.  Just like how the gym tends to be busier on Mondays, my coworkers are way more into doing our strength class on Mondays, too.  I had my usual three on Monday and we did the following workout:

 

1A "Bench" Press w/sit up (10)
1B Superman (10)
1C Willow (10)
x2
2A Lateral Raise w/external rotation (10)
2B Squat w/tricep press (10)
x2
3A Dumbbell Swing (10)
3B Clams w/resistance band (10 each side)
x2
Push-Ups (Week 1, Day 2 of hundredpushups.com)

I’m still having issues with teaching them how to do push-ups.  I don’t want to have them do “girl” push-ups (aka on their knees) but they are really struggling with regular push-ups.  So on Monday I gave them an alternate of doing them on an incline (i.e. put their hands up on a table) and some of them were even still having problems with that! 

I know push-ups aren’t easy.  I just wish I could help them get better faster.  Or maybe I should just stick to something easier.  But, hey, you never get better if you only do easy! 

Anyway, leading strength class was my only workout for the day.  At least I used my 8 pound weights instead of my 5 pounders! 

Oh, I also told them about Tabata intervals.  They seemed intrigued.  I told them to start slow and be careful so hopefully none of them will kill themselves.