A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I Did on My Rest Day

RestTime-Logo1

No Wednesday workout?  Why’s that?

Well, because I was busy after work.  Doing what?

 

Going from this:

python_dress 010_crop

 

To this:

polka_dot_shirt 016_crop

 

I hadn’t gotten my hair cut since (I think) April 2011.  That’s almost 10 months. 

Crazy!  My hairdresser commented on how long my hair was and asked if I’d had it blown out or straightened to see just HOW long it was.  I mentioned that I straightened it on New Year’s Eve and that it was a lot of work.

“A lot of work?!” he exclaimed. “You ran two marathons last year and you think straightening your hair was a lot of work?!” 

Hey, there’s a reason I run instead of doing hair. 

Anyway, I love my hairdresser and he’s probably the best and cheapest in the city of Chicago (let me know if you want his info).  Of course, he’s actually IN the city whereas I technically live in the ‘burbs.  So it’s kind of a production to get there.  Which means Wednesday night I didn’t get home until after 8:00 PM.

Thankfully, I’d purchased some pre-breaded eggplant slices so I made myself quick and easy eggplant parmesan for dinner.  I highly recommend this brand if you can find it.

So, there you go.  How I spent my Wednesday evening.  Let’s just not talk about the part where I got all turned around when I got off the train to go to my hair appointment and walked at least half a mile (in heels) out of my way.  Okay?