A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Workouts

weekend1

Friday after work I went to a Zumba class at a fitness studio near my office.  I have to say, getting in a workout and still being home by 7:15 PM is amazing these days.

The Zumba class was okay.  I certainly broke a sweat but I didn’t feel too worn out.  I was getting a bit bored near the end and felt that 45 minutes would have been better than 60.  On the plus side, I think they are swapping out this class with the WERQ class I took a few weeks ago.  I liked that one better.

On Saturday I did my usual 50 minute bike ride with Tabata intervals at the end.  Nothing too spectacular there.

And then on Sunday I had my first experience solely being a race spectator!

 

120226Frosty5K1

That’s me on the left.  Thanks to Kim for the pic.

Kim was running the Frosty Footrace 5K.  I’ve run this race twice before and while I was sad I wasn’t running it this year it was great being there for Kim. 

weekend 026

She even won first place in her age group!

weekend 047

I had vague ideas about working out when I got home but ended up just spending time with my husband instead.  After the race Kim’s coach told her to take a week off and just enjoy life and not worry about fitting in a workout or figuring out when to shower post-sweat-session.  I have to say, one of the benefits to being injured and not training for anything is doing things because you want to not because you feel like you have to. 

Except for physical therapy.  I do that because I have to.  Blech.

Speaking of my injury, I have another MRI on Wednesday and then a doctor’s appointment on Thursday.  Fingers crossed for news that doesn’t require surgery!