A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Workouts


Well, here we are. Back at Monday. How was your weekend?

I had two decent workouts this weekend. I admit, as much as I miss running, I am really enjoying being able to sleep in!

Saturday morning I did have to rush a bit, though. I was meeting Kelly in the afternoon but I wanted to get my workout in beforehand.

I did 50 minutes on the bike, including Tabata intervals, and then did a strength training workout.
1A Bridges w/marching (10)
1B Seated Twist w/Dumbbell (10)
1C Rope Climber Crunches (10)
x2

2A Flys
Chest (10, on floor)
Shoulder (10, standing)
Reverse (10, bent over)
2B Single leg dumbbell deadlifts (10)
x2

3A Up-Down Planks (8)
3B Fire hydrants (10 each side)
x2

Push-Ups (16)

Then Sunday I decided to mix it up a bit and try two new strength workouts I pinned on Pinterest.

I started with a 5 minute warm-up on the bike and then moved onto these:





I did two rounds of the "Booty Burner" and then two rounds of the push-ups routine. I didn't count up the number of push-ups that would be until after I did the first round and realized I'd already done 50. If I did another round that would be 100 push-ups! So, that's what I decided to do.

And, yes, I did them all. My arms felt like Jello afterward but I think it's pretty badass to say that I did a total of 100 push-ups on Sunday.

Strangely, I don't feel that sore today. Not sure what to think about that.

I do, however, know what to think about Mag Mile Runner's current raffle! Seriously, for a $5 donation to a great cause you could win some great prizes. Check it out!