A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

April 25th - May 1st

Apr 25

5.5 miles that went well even though my stomach was totally rebelling.

Apr 26

Since my stomach still felt gross and my knee was still a little achy, I took this day as a rest day. However, I did get a video gait analysis done at a local PT's office. I get my results this week.

Apr 27

First "official" track workout of the season for a total of 4.5 miles.

Apr 28

I was planning to do the "Shrink Your Female Fat Zones" workout video but due to technical difficulties I had to try this "Crunch Pilates" video via Netflix. It was...interesting. I skipped most of the squat type moves as they aggravate both my hip and my knee. But I added some dumbbell rows, shoulder presses, and push-ups.

Apr 29

Illinois 5K followed by....

Apr 30

Illinois Half Marathon!

May 1

Rest day!


Total mileage: 27.2
Total strength workouts: 1

The mileage was good this week although my left hip flexor is informing me that it wasn't so happy with that. Also, I'm really bummed that I don't think I'm going to hit my 100 strength workouts goal since the plan I want to follow relies so heavily on squats, lunges, and deadlifts. But, oh well, it is what it is. I've already achieved one goal this year so I can be content with that right now.