A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April Wrap Up


Although I'm still dealing with my left leg issues and my right knee decided it was feeling left out, I managed to have a pretty awesome April. Last year it was May that was my crazy month of races. This year it seems to start in April and keep going!

It started out with a 5K where I wished I would have done better but am still pleased with the overall lessons learned.

Then I moved on to an amazing 10 mile race where I surprised myself with how fast I can run. I guess all those interval sessions are paying off!

Next it was off to Cleveland to run another 10 mile race with my friend, Rae. It was a super fun weekend even though Rae hasn't been bitten by the long distance running bug. Yet ;-)

Finally, it was the weekend I'd been training for all winter. My goal race at the Illinois Half Marathon. And thanks to Kim, I knocked it out of the park.

And in between all those races I was running as consistently as I could, what with my weird injuries. All told, I ran 94.77 miles!

The strength training sessions, however, were severely lacking. I only managed 7 for the whole month. I really want to move onto the next stage of NROLW but I'm afraid it will make my left hip flexor or my right knee worse. So, I feel stalled.

Still, April was a good month overall filled with awesome races and awesome times with friends. Let's see if we can keep this momentum going.