A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Wrap Up


September ended up being a fun month. Other than my semi-disastrous 22 mile run my running went well and I even managed to do well at two races of vastly different distances.

I accidentally PRed at the Chicago Half Marathon since it appears that my body likes to run that race.

And then I came within 3 seconds of my 5K PR at the Park Ridge 5K.

All of that on the tail end of marathon training, too. Speaking of which, I managed to run 118.83 miles in September. Two months with totals above 100? Pretty impressive for me. My biking mileage was a little lackluster and I only have any at all because I did two long bike rides for a total of 54.83 miles.

And strength training? Non-existent. I'm sort of bummed about that but also sort of not. I'm not going to hit my 100 strength training sessions for the year but I always thought that was kind of a lofty goal.

I'm tossing around the idea of sticking to shorter distances next year and possibly trying a sprint distance triathlon. Which would mean a winter of strength training and swimming with less emphasis on running. I haven't worked anything out for sure yet, but it's a possibility.

But first I have to get through the rest of this year!