A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

October 17th - October 23rd

Oct 17

Rest day. Busy with conference stuff from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM.

Oct 18

8 mile run from Maryland to Virgina and back.

Oct 19

Another rest day. Conference and then travel. Not to mention our plane being delayed due to weather. Apparently it was windy in Chicago.

Oct 20

More rest. I had plans to run at lunch but was thwarted by getting home late on Wednesday and crappy Thursday weather.

Oct 21

4.7 miles at lunch with a Ragnar Relay teammate. We really pushed it and I felt a little ill at the end. However, the weather was lovely so I was totally overdressed. Capris and a long-sleeved shirt and not quite necessary yet. Hard to think about that, though, when it's below 40oF when you're packing your gym bag in the morning.

Oct 22

Rest day

Oct 23

2 mile warm-up, Frank Lloyd Wright 10K race, followed by almost 4 miles of cool-down. Total of just over 12 miles. Race report to come later.

Total running mileage: 24.7

I'm still battling the weird hip flexor issue so I'm still not strength training. And I just haven't had time to get out on my bike. Still, just over 24 miles during a week when I had to travel isn't half bad!