A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

October 10th - October 16th

Oct 10

Rest day. I was presenting to a graduate class which took up my entire evening.

Oct 11

Another rest day. When I went for my massage before the Milwaukee Marathon I decided to sign up for a $35 evaluation from the chiropractor's office in which the massage therapist works. I went for my evaluation on Tuesday night. And I couldn't run at lunch because I was in meeting from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM.

The evaluation was....interesting. I'm viewing it like an experiment. Some of what he said made sense, some of it seemed like total hooey. But my insurance covers it so why not see what, if anything, I can get out of it. I'd love to be able to lift heavy again without worrying that I'm going to regret it days later and I'd love to be able to run without worrying that I'm going to screw myself up even worse.

Oct 12

4+ miles w/Kim. My Garmin didn't want to pick up a satellite signal so it was probably more like 4.2 miles.

Oct 13

4.45 mile lunch run.

Oct 14

Rest day

Oct 15

Since my flight to DC didn't leave until the afternoon, I dragged myself out of bed at 6:00 AM and met my running group for their 7:00 AM long run. I don't think I'd run with them since June! Anyway, I did 10 miles. My legs felt a little stiff before and after and I was worried about running 10 miles and then sitting on a plane but it worked out okay.

OPRC Saturday Route by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

Oct 16

I ran that random 5K race in Alexandria, VA! I still need to write a race report but I'm kind of hoping they get some photos up soon. Short version: I thought I ran a pretty crappy 5K but when I looked at my stats later I realized I ran a solid race that was *almost* a PR! If the course hadn't been hilly or a little short (3.04 instead of 3.1 miles) I might have done it.

I also did a 1.9 mile warm-up to test out the hills.

Total running mileage: 23.59
Total strength training sessions: 0
Total biking mileage: 0