A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

October 24th - October 30th

Oct 24

5.5 miles with the running club. My left knee was pretty sore after going all out during Sunday's 10K, though.

Oct 25

Since I still don't know what's going on with my left leg I'm trying out some chiropractic stuff. I had an appointment on Tuesday so that took up most of my evening.

Oct 26

I'm bummed because this was the last night of the summer track group and I had to miss it due to work. At least I like my coworkers.

Oct 27

In my never-ending quest to figure out why my left hip seems to hurt randomly I had the last ditch effort: an MRI with contrast. They had to jam a pretty huge needle into my hip ball and socket joint and that left me pretty sore for the rest of the day.

Then after work I had another chiropractor appointment so I wouldn't have run even if I'd felt up to it.

Oct 28

Rest day

Oct 29

10 miles including practicing my falling skills.

Oct 30

The last CARA circuit race of the season: the Sycamore Pumpkin Run 10K. Plus a 2 mile warm up for a total of 8.2 miles. Race report to come later. I bet you're getting tired of reading that, huh?

Total running mileage: 23.7

I actually did get some news about what's going with my hip. I'm still processing it, though, so I'll tell you about it later. Short answer: let pain be my guide. Longer answer: I may be out of commission for part of next year but I won't know until late December.