A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Asleep on the Job



On Monday my calves were still a little stiff, especially after sitting at my desk at work for too long. The blister/callus thing on my right big toe hurt, which made me walk funny, which made my right hip hurt.

Tuesday I felt better, although my toe still hurt.

Wednesday I went to my last physical therapy session (for now) and went to track. No, I didn't do any speedwork. I did the warm-up drills and then ran a nice, easy 5K around the track.

Post-Marathon Workout by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

Apparently it wasn't easy enough, though. I feel worse today than I did on the day after the Milwaukee Marathon!

My legs felt like lead last night during the drills. Galloping and skipping were rough.

And today I could totally fall asleep at my desk.

I brought my stuff for a lunch time run. Maybe that will make me feel better, maybe worse. But there's no way to tell unless I try.

Oh yeah, and I still need to make a decision about Las Vegas. If I'm doing the full marathon I need to figure out a training plan! Any suggestions?