A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Serendipity



I wasn't able to attend the track workout on Wednesday night because I had to be somewhere else after work. So I brought my running stuff to work with plans to do a solo run along the lakefront at lunch.

Then I was emailing with Kim about our respective weekends when she mentioned she had brought her running stuff to work. Was there any chance I happened to have mine?

Why, yes, yes there was!

This is why we're best friends. Totally on the same wavelength :-)

So we met up for a quick 4 miler out and back along the lake. I hadn't run in almost a week (since last Thursday) and I felt like I was sucking wind the entire time. And when we got done my left hip felt SO tight. If I only I could figure out a way to easily bring my foam roller to work. Maybe I should just order another one and have it shipped directly here.

Anyway, regardless of how the run felt, it was so awesome that Kim and I were able to meet up last minute.

Lunch Run w/Kim by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details