A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

August 22 - August 28

Aug 22
8.68 miles. One of those runs when I was happy to be done.

Aug 23

Rest day. I had a running club board meeting, though, so we talked events and websites and Chicago Marathon water station volunteering. Speaking of which, if you're interested in volunteering at a Chicago Marathon aid station, let me know. I'm one of two people in charge of Gatorade at mile 18!

Aug 24

4.8 miles with some speedwork intervals thrown in there. Plus the usual bike ride to and from track for a total of 5.6 miles.

Aug 25

I managed to get in a nice, easy 4 mile run during lunch. I originally wanted to go 5 miles but we called it a day at 4. You'd think my legs would have been toast after doing intervals the night before but they actually felt nice and loose. Strange.

Lunch Run North by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

I had grand plans to come home from work, make dinner, run to the gym to get in that extra mile, lift some weights, and then have Jason meet me to go get ice cream. Yeah. I made dinner and then we went and got ice cream and walked around downtown Oak Park. No gym but a very pleasant evening anyway.

Aug 26

Rest day! Ate pasta for dinner and went to bed early in anticipation of...

Aug 27

The DeKalb Corn Classic 10K! Turns out I got in that extra mile from Thursday doing an extra mile during my warm-up on Saturday.

Aug 28

14.5 miles on foot and 5.5 on my bike.

After our run and after our dip in the lake and after stuffing our faces Kim helped me change the header on my blog. Now I've got a new photo up there! Check it out. She took that during our 18 miler in Iowa a few weeks ago.

Total running mileage: 40.43
Total biking mileage: 11.1
Total strength workouts: 0

Another running-heavy week. But considering I'm training for a running-heavy event I think that's okay. I may not hit my 100 strength workouts for the year but I'm strangely at peace with it.