A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

August 15 - August 21

Aug 15

The long Monday night route is supposed to be 8 miles but for some reason my Garmin only measured it as 7.81 miles. Hmmm.

Also, I wore my black SkirtSports running skirt and got major chaffage on my right inner thigh. Guess that will teach me to get cocky about the Body Glide.

Aug 16

3.95 miles during lunch.

After work I was so tired it was ridiculous. Since I wasn't feeling up to a full-on strength workout a la NROLW, I went with a workout I saw linked on another blog awhile back:

Yoga and Kettlebells. Of course, I don't actually own kettlebells, so I had to use dumbbells

The workout left me sweaty and my legs a little shaky. It seemed too easy, though. I used 8 pound weights. I could have easily used 10 if I'd had them.

Although, to be honest, I was pretty sore later the next day and even some on Thursday. So maybe it's a good thing I only used 8 pounds?

Aug 17

5.42 miles in circles (or, really, squares) with a total of 5.75 miles on the bike to get me to and from the track.

Aug 18

Rest day!!

Aug 19

I rode the ~10 miles to work again. I'm still trying to figure out what to wear when I ride my bike. This morning I left the house in a short-sleeved shirt and capris and felt cold. But then I warmed up after awhile. I guess it's sort of like running? If you ride a bike, what do you like to wear?

Aug 20

20 mile run! It went great. My only concerns are that with our gas station water break and my bathroom stop my total time was close to 4 hours. Fingers crossed that I can hit mile 20 during the actual marathon in closer to 3:45 or 3:50.

Also, I hope that there aren't crazy mosquitoes on race day. Oh my god. I have so many mosquito bites it looks like I have chicken pox. On my butt. And that was WITH bug spray.

Aug 21

14 mile bike ride as part of our triathlon relay team. Well, plus another two miles that I rode from where we parked to the start line. However, I walked my bike back after the race since I felt guilty leaving Kim and Claudia walking while I zoomed off.

Total running mileage: 37.18
Total biking mileage: 31.75
Total strength training workouts: 1