A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tricksy Weather


I swear yesterday the high was only supposed to be in the low 80s. I figured at noon it would still be only in the upper 70s.

I should have known better when I left my house wearing a cardigan and felt a little warm.

Still, I soldiered on and rallied the troops for a lunch time run. Kim was even able to join us!

We went south on the lakefront path because it's usually less busy and I like the scenery a little better. Did you know that 70,000 people use the lakefront path daily? That is a LOT of people!

Turns out the weather felt a lot warmer, too. That 9:25 average pace felt pretty rough towards the end and all we did was 4 miles. Of course, I was running on tired legs having done almost 8 miles just the evening before.

Kim and I stuck together, though, and I was even able to grunt out some answers to her conversational questions.

Afterwards, though, I was wiped. I know I just said that sometimes a run leaves me feeling energized. Yesterday, though, all I wanted to do was fall asleep at my desk. Doesn't help that the sun comes in my office windows in the afternoon and makes me warm and sleepy.

Regardless, it was nice to get out there and enjoy the day.

Lunch Run South by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details