A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

July 25 - July 31

July 25

7.5 miles total. 2 miles to downtown Oak Park, a short break, and then the usual Monday night 5.5 mile route. Followed by tacos and sangria at my favorite restaurant. We sat outside on their gorgeous patio and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

July 26

Three mile run at lunch and then an almost 9 mile bike ride after work!





Jason wanted to do some kind of exercise so we decided to drive over to the Salt Creek bike path and get in a ride. My legs were pretty tired, though, so I didn't really push it. Just a nice, leisurely ride. The weather was actually kind of cool and I almost wished I'd worn sleeves instead of a tank top!

Needless to say, I was pretty tired by the end of the evening.

July 27

3 miles on the treadmill at lunch. Blech. It seemed like such a good idea at the time.

After work I decided that I could A. be lazy or B. do a strength workout. I chose option B after some prodding from Jason.
3x6 One armed dumbbell snatch
3x6 Dumbbell single-let Romanian deadlift
3x6 Barbell bent-over row
3x6 Dumbbell bench press
Plank 3x90 seconds
3x6 Reverse woodchop
Body matrix x2
Interesting tidbits: I did the second round of the body matrix moves almost a minute faster than I did the first round last week. Also, I managed to bench press 56 pounds on a barbell. I think that may be the most I've ever benched!

July 28

Rest day. I spent my morning packing and then the afternoon driving to Dayton, OH for a conference.

July 29

14 miles! Been awhile since I managed that kind of mileage. And while traveling no less. The fact that there was a Thai food place across from my hotel and that I remembered to bring bagels and peanut butter may have been crucial to my success.

July 30

Rest day. I was in conference stuff from 8:00 AM until 10:30 PM.

July 31

Another rest day. Conference in the morning and then an exhausting 6+ hour drive home.

Total running mileage: 27.5
Total bike mileage: 8.72
Total strength workouts: 1