A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

August 8 - August 14

Aug 8

5.5 miles in the rain. 5.5 glorious miles.

Aug 9

Nothing. I had some intentions of lifting weights after dinner but ended up on the couch instead. Oh well.

Aug 10

5 miles around the perimeter of our usual track location. I didn't ride my bike to track either because I had some errands to run beforehand that were easier to do in my car.

Aug 11

Rest day! Actually, it was sit-in-the-car-and-travel day. After work I joined Kim for a trip to her family's cabins on the Mississippi River in Guttenberg, Iowa.

Aug 12

18 miles!!

But that wasn't all I did on Friday. Oh no. I also did this:



Water skiing! My very first time, actually. And, yes, I got up on my skis on my first attempt. On legs that just ran 18 miles. I can't stay up for very long (think in terms of seconds) but still. There may have been a lot of water up my nose, but was so much fun! I can't to try again on fresh legs.

Aug 13

2 miles to the start line and then a fun (and fast) 5K race.

Aug 14

Absolutely nothing. Unless you count sitting on the beach or using the current as a lazy river.

Total running mileage: 33.44
Total biking mileage: 0
Total strength workouts: 0

Well, that wasn't the most well-rounded week ever. But I actually managed the 10% mileage increase all the cool kids talk about. Last week I ran 30 miles so if you take 10% of that and add it together you get 33. Which is what I ran this week. Yay!

Hopefully this week, though, I'll be slightly more balanced.