A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Friday, April 1, 2011

March Wrap Up



I ended March with a 5 mile run along the lakefront during my lunch hour on Thursday. It wasn't the best run ever. The temperature was hovering just below 40 but with the sun shining I was too hot in my jacket but a little too cold in my short sleeves. Should have gone with the arm warmers.

Also, the wind was blowing in my face for most of the second half of the run and I just wasn't feeling like pushing it. My legs felt like lead. I guess it's been a few weeks since I ran twice in less than 24 hours. At this rate, the Madison to Chicago Relay is going to be an adventure for sure.

Lunch Run South Route by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

So, how was the rest of March?

I ran a total of 90.26 miles and did 5 strength workouts. Plus I ran a hilly, rainy half marathon where, without even trying, I came within 30 seconds of my half marathon PR.

So the monthly mileage is pretty awesome considering I had two sub-20 mile weeks. The strength workouts not so much with the awesome. I barely managed to get in one a week when I really would prefer at least 2. I wish my work gym had free weights.

And how's my injury after three weeks of physical therapy? In some ways it's better and in some ways it's not better. My shin aches less and less but my adductor hurts more. The tendon on the top of my left foot is staring to get irritated so I see lots of foot massages in my future.

But I'm running and I'm running decent distances. Which is exactly what I want. So, overall, I'd have to say March was a good month.