A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And it Begins



Note: Those are not my feet. At least not yet.

The warmer weather we had on Sunday and Monday meant it was time to break out the shorts! And since I had the day off work on Monday to entertain my in-laws it also meant running in the morning. When I got home after my 7 miler (at a 9:10 pace) and stripped off my running gear I realized I already had a sock tan line.

Last year I didn't realize just how bad my "runner's tan" was until I went on a trip to the Mississippi River in August with Kim. When I looked at the photos afterward I was horrified to see this:


Look at that shorts' tan line! Whew. The downside of running, huh?

And now this year the return of the crazy tan line is already beginning. Maybe I need to get one of these?


Actually, on second thought, I think I'll just take pride in my weird tan. And maybe up my SPF...

Monday Morning 7 Miler by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details