A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Difficulties




Even though I ran an awesome race on Saturday I've been feeling a little "off" since last Friday. Upset tummy, dark circles under my eyes, slight heartburn at random times, exhaustion.

And, no, I'm not pregnant. I think it's just PMS. And the fact that my right knee is starting to act up again.

Anyway, to move away from "too much information" land, this essentially means that I almost didn't want to run on Monday night. I decided, though, that I always feel better after a good run. I'd go out easy and just enjoy the cool evening and not worry about my pace.

Good thing, too, because apparently my Garmin decided to rebel. It only logged 4 of my 5.5 miles and then refused to upload them to the computer when I got home. Ooookay.

But because I'm a running data junkie, I know I ran negative splits for those 4 miles with the last one at 8:27. I'll take it.

My knee actually behaved itself except for when going up one slight incline. I iced it before bed but I'm definitely going to have to implement the Icing and Stretching Protocol ASAP. Same one as before the marathon last year. I also had my PT look at it (feel it?) this morning and she said it's definitely irritated. Joy.

Also, other than a random ravenous moment at lunch yesterday (veggie burrito! Yum!) I haven't been all that interested in food since after Saturday's race. And when I finished Monday night's run I drank a small cup of Gatorade and immediately felt queasy.

I don't know what's up but I'd like my body to get its act together. Sooner rather than later.