A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stupid Knee


Last night, instead of running or lifting weights or really doing much of anything, I came home from work and took a two hour nap. I basically got up to make and eat dinner, watch some tv, foam roll my IT band, stretch, ice my knee, and then go back to bed.

The nap was glorious. My knee, not so much. I definitely have the beginning stages of a recurrence of patellar tendinitis. Of course, right? The one year I have already signed up for a multitude of races.

I know. First world problems. But they're still my problems!

The PT told me no more running until Saturday when I'm scheduled to pace my friend Rae through the Cleveland 10 Miler. Hopefully my knee will hold out for all 10 miles and I won't screw it up worse. My goal race, the Illinois Half Marathon, is in two weeks!

In the mean time, in addition to the rest, I'm supposed to foam roll my IT Band, stretch my hamstrings, and ice before bed.

And ask all of you to think good thoughts that this clears up quickly just like it did before the marathon last October.