A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Sunday, September 4, 2011

August Wrap Up


August was kind of a surprise month. I originally only had two races on the calendar but ended up racing every weekend!

August 6th - Just Book It! 5K
August 13th - River Run for Ryan "5K"
August 21st - Danskin Triathlon Relay
August 27th - DeKalb Corn Classic 10K

At least one of those was a bike race!

Other surprises for August?
*Totally skipping over doing a 16 mile run and doing 18 miles instead.

*Running every weekend with Kim.

*Having another awesome 20 miler.

*Running a total of 153.95 miles!
Holy carp, you guys! Almost 154 miles! That's almost double what I ran in July! And it's definitely the most I've ever run in one month. I'm pretty amazed with myself.

I give a lot of credit to Kim, though. Without her I probably wouldn't have run some of those longer weekend runs. We really do make a good team.