A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turn that Frown Upside Down


I was in a totally BLAH mood yesterday. It was Monday. I was bored. I was tired. I was just generally feeling down. All I really wanted to do was go to bed.

But instead I laced up my sneakers and went to running group. It was one of our sponsored runs so the New Balance rep was there with shoes to try, a raffle, food and freebies. Plus, it was the day after a weekend of marathons where many of our club members had totally awesome races. I wanted to be there to cheer for them.

When I arrived I was happy to see that some of my regular running buddies were also in attendance. Just walking into the store and chatting perked up my mood by a few notches.

And once we were running I was laughing so hard at what one of my friends was saying that my bad mood completely melted away.

I didn't win the free shoes but I did get some kickin' neon pink shoelaces and a fold-flat water bottle. But better than the free schwag was the company and the run. Sometimes that's all I need to pull myself up out of the dumps.

Monday Night OPRC Short Route by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details