A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

September 19th - September 25th

Sept 19

5.5 miles

Sept 20

Rest day. I had visions of doing a workout DVD but by the time I got home and spent time with my husband it was too late in the evening.

Sept 21

Wednesday was a rough day for me. Nothing bad happened, I just wasn't feeling perky or energetic. Which totally carried over into my track workout. I did another straights and curves workout with a warm-up and cool-down for a total of 4 miles.

I really wasn't feeling it, though, so it was hard to push myself to go fast on the strides portion of the workout. For some reason I just wanted to run and not worry about pushing myself.

Sept 22

Rest day. Actually, I met up with some OPRC members and we did inventory and took photos of all the leftover OPRC gear we have stored in our storage area. We'll be adding it all to our Google Store on our new website in the near future. Anyone want a ridiculous stocking cap?



Sept 23

Rest day


Sept 24

Park Ridge 5K plus a 1.9 mile warm-up for a total of 5 miles.

I've run a lot of 5Ks, but I think this one was probably my best ever in terms of pacing myself. I look forward to doing this race again next year!


Sept 25

10 miles at the North Branch River Trail just outside Chicago. Kim and I were able to do our last long run together before Milwaukee. We did 10 miles and then went out to breakfast with some OPRC members. Thankfully we finished running before it started pouring!



Total running mileage: 24.5
Total biking mileage: 0
Total strength training: 0

This week seems really light compared to some of my past weeks! First time under 30 miles in quite awhile and no strength training or biking. But, hey, it's a taper week! And I have to say I was surprisingly not crazy. Here's hoping taper madness stays away for the next few days before the Milwaukee Marathon on Sunday.