A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

November 14 - November 20

Nov 14th

7.25 miles that left me limping. Stupid stupid stupid.

Nov 15th

Rest day. I was supposed to attend a cardio kickboxing class but ended up canceling. Probably a good idea since my knee was still bothering me. I got a massage that seemed to help some but it was still sore.

Nov 16th

Rest...and foam roll....and ice....and stretch

Nov 17th

Rest rinse repeat


Nov 18th

Rest, rest, we must be at our best!


Nov 19th


After four days of rest I met Kim at Busse Woods Forest Preserve. You may remember Busse Woods from such posts as Epic 20 Miler is Epic and Bittersweet Sixteen. I'm not sure why I chose Busse as our meeting spot since both times I've run there something weird has happened but it IS conveniently located to both Kim and I.

The curse of Busse was upon me, however, and when I arrived I discovered the bathrooms were closed for the season! I tried to hover in the woods but no dice. So, I started my 10+ mile run with a full bladder hoping for a port-a-potty.

No matter how many times I look at the map for Busse I inevitably take a wrong turn and end up off the main loop. This time it was okay, though, because it lead me to a port-a-potty around mile 4.5. The rest of the run was much more comfortable after that. My knee felt pretty good, too.

My original training plan had me doing 13 miles but I didn't want to push myself too much. In the end, we did 12 miles. Mostly so I could see the elk one more time.

How many elk can you count in this picture?

Click the picture to see larger


Kim captioned this photo. It makes me laugh.


Twelve with Kim by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

Nov 20th

Lincolnwood Turkey Trot! One of my favorite races of the season. I usually do the 10K but this year decided to stick with the 5K. I'm really glad I made that decision. Stay tuned for the race report!

Total running mileage: 23.44