A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Random Raffle Result


After the Frank Lloyd Wright 10K I filled out their online survey about the race. This apparently got me an entry into their participant raffle.

Yesterday I received an email that I had won a raffle prize!

Hooray!

Except, well, it's a "Rock N Roll Half Marathon Tech Shirt".


Which Rock N Roll Half Marathon? I'm not sure. Maybe Chicago?

Short-sleeved? Long-sleeved? Men's? Women's? Size? All unknowns.

Not to mention that I've never even run a Rock N Roll Half Marathon and I'm not a HUGE fan of wearing shirts for races I didn't run or volunteer for. I have one exception: the 2010 Quarryman 10 shirt that a coworker gave me...it's perfect for biking.

Oh, also, I can only pick up my prize between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Considering I'm at work 40 minutes away or commuting from 8:00 AM til 5:45 PM Monday through Friday that makes it kind of difficult.

I mean, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but, really, what if it's a horse you didn't really want in the first place?

So, anyone else want a mystery Rock N Roll Half Marathon Tech Shirt and can pick it up in Oak Park, IL during business hours?

Or maybe I should email them and say "Thanks, but no thanks" and suggest they draw another name. That would be the charitable thing to do, huh?