A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

November 7 - November 13

Nov 7th

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to run 5.5 miles or 7.75 miles...and then it started raining and it was dark and I ended up not running anything.

Instead I tried two new Pilates videos via Netflix.



Both are also available via Amazon Instant Video as well, by the way.

Anyway, it had been a long time since I'd done Pilates and I was definitely feeling the burn. Totally counting it as a strength training session. I liked the first video better than the second, but the second one has a section where you use handweights.

Nov 8th

Six miles on the treadmill.


Nov 9th

Since I'm still not feeling the cold and the dark (at least not for running by myself) I did the Pilates videos again. I forget how good I feel when I work my muscles by doing something other than running.

Nov 10th

Five miles on the treadmill at the gym. For as much as I say I hate the treadmill, sometimes it's exactly what I need. Five miles didn't seem like enough. I only stopped because I wanted to get home and eat dinner at a reasonable hour.

Nov 11th

Rest day. I'd thought about doing a Pilates video but something about laying on the couch seemed much more appealing.

Nov 12th

3.14 miles cross-country style with a .75 mile warm-up.

Nov 13th

The last 20 miler of the season!

Total running mileage: 34.89
Total strength training: 2