A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

March 14th - 20th

Mar 14

7.82 mile run with the club

Mar 15

Rest day. Lots to do at work and then there was the Wellapalooza fair after work.

Mar 16

A total of 3.75 miles including my fastest mile ever as part of speedwork time trial workout.

Mar 17

4.2 miles at lunch. We got left behind by the guys but the two of us women powered through.

When I got home from work I joined Jason in the basement for a strength training workout.
3 sets of 10 squats
3 sets of 10 push ups
3 sets of 10 barbell rows
3 sets of 10 step ups
3 sets of 12 prone jackknives
3 sets of 45 second planks

Mar 18

Rest day! Unless you count the trip to the physical therapist.

Mar 19

Yoga class at the gym. I guess technically I could count this as a strength workout (we do quite a few Chaturanga poses) but I won't.

Mar 20

March Madness Half Marathon! Even with the soaking rain, the threat of lightening (and hail!), and the fact that I lost a glove on the course I managed to tackle the hills and finish with a time less than 30 seconds slower than my half marathon PR. My shin was none to happy with me afterward, but I still had a great time.


Total mileage: 28.87
Total strength workouts: 1