A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Up

February 28 - March 6

Feb 28

5.5 miles with the running group.

Mar 1

3.8 miles with the lunch time running crew.

Mar 2

After a short (5 minute) warm up on the bike trainer I headed down to the basement to pick up where I left off with the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. Some things felt easier after a month of CrossFit but I didn't get magically stronger. Or maybe it's just because there's no one encouraging me to work harder when I'm alone in my basement.

Anyway, my workout consisted of:
2 sets of 12 deadlifts
2 sets of 12 dumbbell shoulder presses
2 sets of 12 pullovers
2 sets of 12 lunges
2 sets of 10 Swiss ball crunches
10 push ups


Mar 3

A total of 7.4 miles with mile repeats in the middle. This workout went really fast. I had no idea we'd run that far. Been awhile since I've run that kind of distance on a week night.

Mar 4

Rest day! I drove to my hometown to visit my mom for the weekend. Looking back over the past few weeks this was my first full rest day since February 8th. I think it was time for a day off. Unless you count dancing to the Black Eyed Peas in my parents' living room....

Mar 5

Originally I planned to run 5-6 miles with Mica but when I woke up at 7AM on Saturday morning the weather was doing it's best impression of Armageddon. Rain and wind were lashing my parents' house. Apparently it wasn't as bad on the other side of town but I just couldn't force myself to go outside in that weather. So, I took another rest day.

However, one of the reasons for visiting my mom was to work on my race scrapbook. Together we finished all of my races for 2010!

A sample







Mar 6

Another unscheduled rest day. Yes, this means I didn't run at all over the weekend. Instead I slept in, worked on my scrapbook, and visited with my mom. I also stopped by a friend's house to see her and her kids.



I feel a little guilty for not running, but, hey, technically I'm supposed to be taking it easy on my shin. And I still got some good quality runs in this week so I think I deserved the weekend off!


Total mileage: 16.7
Total strength workouts: 1