A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Alarms < Running




When my alarm went off at 6AM on Saturday morning I had one of those moments when I couldn't remember where I was, what day it was, or why my alarm was going off. I think my house was actually colder inside than the air temperature outside. Makes getting out of bed and getting dressed for a run rather challenging.

But, as always, I'm glad I did it. I did the short route since I'm planning to run a half marathon next weekend. So I only ran 9.4 miles. Still, the company was good, the wind was only bad in a few spots, and my shin didn't bother me much.

Afterward, though, the back of my calf was (and still is) super sore. The deep tissue massages and the exercises I'm doing at physical therapy may be making me stronger but they're also making me sorer. Ouchie.

I'm pleased with the pace for this run (average 9:33 minute/mile) since it didn't feel too hard and I was able to pick it up for the last little bit and it still felt okay. I'm totally not running the half marathon next weekend for time (I've been told it's quite hilly) but it's nice to know I'm doing okay after taking last weekend off.

Saturday OPRC Run by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details