A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Little Recovery




Since we moved our speedwork session to Wednesday night this week I was finally able to get out with my lunch time group and run on Thursday. And I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect day.

Well, except for the wind.

Regardless, Thursday was the perfect remedy for the winter blues. 60 degrees and a little overcast. I wore shorts and a short-sleeved shirt but could have easily gotten away with a tank top!

I ran with the other woman in the lunch time group and we pushed the pace a little fast on our first mile. She was crying uncle so we slowed down. I didn't really mind, though, since I was counting it as a recovery run after Wednesday night's time trial. A nice, easy, 4.2 mile recovery run.

Lunch Run North by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

I love being able to run at lunch. Sure, I go back to the office looking a little ragged but as long as I don't have any afternoon meetings, who cares? My boss is great about it and my coworkers don't even notice. The only downside is that I'm RAVENOUS for the rest of the day.

My shin was a little achy afterward but it's nothing a little ice won't fix.

Good thing, too. Because I've got a half marathon on Sunday! I've said before I'm not going to race it, especially because of the hills.


So, yeah. 13.1 mile training run (with medal) here I come!