A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monday Two Day


Monday was a day full of workouts! After my weight lifting session on Sunday afternoon my upper body was a little bit sore but I still had a weight class to lead over lunch.

One other coworker and I did what I'm calling the "Top to Bottom Workout" that ended up working some of the same muscles I worked on Sunday. Rookie mistake. Still, it's been awhile since I've been sore from a workout and I kind of missed the feeling.


Bridge w/Dumbbell Press
Pilates Roll-Up
Dumbbell Chest Fly
Shoulder Fly
Reverse Fly
One Legged Dumbbell Deadlift
Side Lying Leg Lifts

Let's just say my rear deltoids and my shoulders were pretty tired by the end!

And then, when I got home, I went running! Yes, running! I did 5.5 miles at a 10 minute per mile pace with my running group. It was also a Mizuno Fun Run night so I tried out a pair of the Mizuno Wave Inspire. They reminded me of my old Brooks Adrenalines. Not something I could wear every day any more but they were a nice change from my usual Asics Gel Foundations. Much lighter, anyway.

The run felt pretty good. I could tell I'm still not in great shape but the fact that I'm still able to run 5.5 miles is encouraging. And it wasn't too painful afterward. I stretched and today I'm a little sore in the same spot I was sore in on Friday after running but it appears running isn't making anything worse.

I was flying pretty high by the end of the day. I don't think I'll be back up to 20 and 30 mile weeks any time soon, but it's nice to be able to go for a run when I want.