A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Quiet Week



I'm having one of those weeks where I just can't quite seem to fit in a workout. So here's a few bullet points so you don't forget I exist!

1. Do you miss seeing my face or reading my lovely prose? Well, never fear! You can check me out over here! That's my "fashion" blog. Really, it's just me showing you what I wear to work in the hopes I can give you some useful ideas. If you own clothes that you aren't sure what to do with, please go check it out and/or like it on Facebook! I post there every day even when I'm not posting here.

2. I rode my bike last night after dinner for 55 minutes and averaged 17 MPH. I usually don't work out after dinner but my husband and I made a pact. I rode my bike on the trainer while he lifted weights. By the way, my butt is STILL sore from Sunday's bike ride.

3. A part of me really, really wants to try swimming laps before work but the other part of me can't quite bring myself to do it. My current excuse is that I don't have a swim cap. But, truly, the reason that I can't get myself to the pool is that I'm scared. I'm scared of not knowing the "rules. Not knowing the culture and etiquette. Being the new kid on the block who gets in everyone's way. I don't know how to "circle swim". I don't want to share a lane with someone and slow them down.

Also, I hate mornings.

Tips?