A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Workouts


I was able to squeeze in two more trips to the gym in the condo where we were staying this weekend. Friday morning I got up and pedaled (slowly) on the stationary bike while watching an episode of Ghost Whisperer on my iPhone via Netflix. Yes, I know. I'm years behind in my cheesy television dramas. What I can I say. I don't like the current trend of reality television.

I've had this conversation before with people about how you're really not supposed to watch tv while using a cardio machine other than a treadmill. I'm living proof. I work way hard when I'm listening to music versus watching tv. Do you find that music versus television makes a difference in how you perform a task?

Anyway, I only had enough time to get in 30 minutes.

Saturday was a day of crazy absurdities that meant I left my house at 6:30 AM and didn't get home for good until 6:30 PM. Needless to say, by the time I was home I was brain dead and exhausted and there was no way I was working out.

So, Sunday I went down to the gym for one last trip and did Tabata intervals on the bike and then followed that up with this workout:



This is a KILLER workout but it only takes 30 minutes. I highly recommend this one. In fact, I recommend it so much that I used it with my lunch time strength training workout with my coworkers today. They seemed to agree it was a butt kicker.

I have grand plans to try running tonight (just an easy 3 mile attempt) but for some reason right now I'm not feeling too good. Fingers crossed this headache and exhaustion are just an afternoon slump!