A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mid-Week Fun


Tuesday and Wednesday I decided to have fun with my workouts and try something different. Since I didn't strength train on Monday I decided to squeeze it in before my physical therapy appointment on Tuesday night. Meghann at Meals and Miles posted about her most recent strength workout and I realized I recognized the moves from the latest Self magazine.


Source

If you're reading this via Google Reader or another website you'll have to click through to see the video

Easy enough, right? So, that's what I did. I had 30 minutes and twice through the workout was almost 30 minutes exactly. Perfect! Also, those push-ups at the end? Killer. I now have sore spots under my arms that I didn't even know existed.

Wednesday night I decided to tackle 30 minutes of running. My hip's feeling pretty good. Still pinchy and sore but not in a "makes me gasp" kind of way. I contemplated running through the cemetery again but decided at the last minute to try something I've been wanting to do for awhile: run up and down all the streets in my 'hood.


Unfortunately the Garmin freaked out during the first mile so I didn't get the pretty lines I was hoping for. Also, I realized that my neighborhood is bigger than I thought! I was only able to get in about half of the north-south streets before I hit 30 minutes. Now my goal is to run all the north-south streets in one run before we move in a month.

I put my Garmin on time-only so I had no idea what my pace was. My legs actually felt like lead so maybe Monday night's run combined with two strength workouts was more than my body is used to lately. Who knows. Still, it was a fun run and I saw streets that I'd never really been down before even though I've lived in the neighborhood for several years. Funny how that happens.