A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deliciously Sore


One of the things I'm trying to do while running is focus on keeping my chest up and my butt tucked under. This means that I'm using my glutes a lot more when I run than I used to. Combined with the squats and deadlifts I did on Sunday? Let's just say I was definitely feeling it at the end of Monday night's run.

The other thing I was feeling? The pace! I started off running with one of my favorite guys who I almost NEVER run with because he's so much faster than me. But we hung together since he was running easy and I picked up the pace a bit.

In fact, here's how my Monday night runs have gone since I went back to running the usual 5.5 mile route with my running club:

Click to see larger


Smart? Probably not. Fun? Yes. In fact, I lay in bed last night relishing in the fact that my muscles were sore from a workout. Not bad sore. Good sore. Deliciously sore. It's been a long time since I've been sore from a workout like that. I missed it.

Of course, today I've got some familiar pain on the front of my pelvic bone but at least my hip feels okay?