A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekly Workout Wround Ups

December 5th - December 19th

December 5th - December 11th

I did absolutely nothing. I didn't run. I didn't strength train. I didn't cross train. Active recovery post-marathon? What's that?

December 12th - December 18th

I ran 5.5 miles on Monday and then did 40 minutes on the elliptical followed by a tiny bit of strength training (planks, crunches, push-ups) on Thursday.

I also spent a good portion of last week/weekend working on my race scrapbook. Considering I currently feel like a bloated flabby whale looking at photos of myself from earlier in the year when I had defined arm and leg muscles and a flatter stomach was a little disheartening.

I'm trying not to feel too down right now. The "I'm no longer training for a marathon" diet starts after the holidays. I'm not crazy enough to start that when I'll be traveling and eating out! And hopefully soon I'll figure out what exercises don't aggravate my left hip/quad. 40 minutes on the elliptical left me feeling pretty sore so that might be crossed off the list for a while, too.

Fingers crossed this funk lifts soon.


Total mileage: 5.5 miles