A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Weighty Subject


I was a lazy slug most of last week.

Well, okay, that's not entirely true.

On Monday I did both a strength workout AND a run.

The strength workout? This one that I made up by combining a few that I'd seen online:





Then on Wednesday night I did another strength workout:


This one was as advertised. Definitely sweaty! I did it twice in a row and was pretty shaky afterward.

My only other activity for the week included a physical therapy session, walking around Lincoln Park Zoo, walking to get ice cream (which promptly negated most of the other walking), and hauling boxes from place to place. All of which was fine with me.

So, now it's a new week and I've started it off with the strength training workout I described last week. Except we also skipped the mountain climbers. Tonight I'll get in a run and then who knows what else the week will bring!