A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Moans

Monday again. And my body is feeling it. Not sure what exactly I did this weekend that kicked my butt, but I am exhausted and sore this AM. Okay, maybe I do know what I did. Aside from errand-running and box-packing, I did an hour of strength training:

I did Group #1 and Group #2 from this workout I pinned a month ago. Repeating each group five times definitely gives you a good workout but it gets kind of monotonous after awhile. Also, each group takes about 30 minutes if you do all 5 moves 5 times. If I do this one again I'll drop the repeats but up the weights.

Sunday my hip was bothering me so I thought about just taking it easy but for some reason I found myself with a lot of free time so I hopped on my bike trainer and busted out 30 minutes. 5 minute warm-up, 16 minutes of intervals (1 minute fast, 1 minute recovery) and then a 9 minute cool down. I tightened the straps on the toe cages on my bike pedals in the hopes that I could work on pulling and not just pushing the pedals. I don't know if that made a difference but my legs are certainly feeling something today!

The one thing I didn't do was run. The weather was actually pretty nice for running (minus the wind) but even if the weather was bad it probably wouldn't stop me if I wanted to get in a run. I've run in wind and snow and rain. I've even run on ice! Which is why I think this shirt that Kim is giving away would be perfect for me.

And now, in an effort to wake up my body I'm off to drink my occasional cup of tea. Hope you're enjoying your Monday more than I am!