A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Weekend Goal


I only had one goal this weekend. Well, that's not entirely true. I only had one workout goal. And that was....to actually work out!

The past few weekends have been filled with fun things but not much in the way of workouts. This weekend was almost the same until Sunday afternoon.

Originally I was planning to ride my bike but the wind and the threat of rain drove me inside even though it was almost 80 degrees. So instead of bike riding I pumped iron at the gym.

I started with this workout:


I only did it once through, though. However, I upped my weights from the 8 pounds I've been using to 12.5. The benefits of having a full set of dumbbells at the gym.

After doing all of that I had some time left before I wanted to be done so I added the moves from the first two circuits that Chicago Runner Girl listed here. I only did one set of each circuit, though, and stuck to 10 reps for most of the moves.

My triceps are certainly feeling all of that today!

However, my hip feels pretty good! Even after all of those squats and deadlifts. I'm optimistic. I think this whole ART thing might actually be doing something. Well, that and cutting back on my running. Good thing I like strength training!