A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Planless Plan


So, technically, Monday night was the first night of my training for the Milwaukee Marathon on October 2nd.

I've been trying and trying to figure out a training plan but with the travel I'm doing this summer and all the races I'm doing to earn a participation award from the Chicago Area Runner's Association I'm having a difficult time figuring out when to do all my long runs.

So, I'm sort of following a plan. Kind of. I'm thrown paces for most things out the window and am just going to try and get in the miles when I can. Hey, it worked for my half marathon PR.

Which meant that Monday night I just tried to enjoy the run even though it was warm outside. My pace for the Monday night runs has dropped by almost 45 seconds to a minute per mile since March-April-May. I guess we know what time of year I like to run, huh?

Monday Night OPRC Run by snmnstrz21 at Garmin Connect - Details

Although, to be honest, I could have pushed it harder on Monday night but a part of me wonders why. I'm trying to enjoy running and right now worrying too much about my pace is not enjoyable.

But I am worried about getting in the miles. So here's my current training plan:


Or see it here

Of course, I've already blown it this week by not getting in any cross training or running on Tuesday and it looks like Thursday will be the same. Oh well.

Thoughts?