A story of going from being a non-runner to planning for a marathon in three years...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May Wrap Up


May was a weird month. The weather was weird. My races (all 3 of them) were weird. My leg was weird. I don't know. It was just weird.

The Wisconsin Half Marathon felt harder than it should have. The Chase Corporate Challenge felt easier than I expected. And the Solider Field 10 Mile was a rough day.

I'd been hoping to get out on my bike more but the first part of May was cold and rainy. Then it was cool and humid. Summer has finally arrived but now we're having August weather two months early! I'm not acclimated to this yet.

My leg and hip seem to feel better in fits and spurts. I'll go a few days without pain and then BAM it aches again.

So, in general, May was not the best month I've ever had. Still, I ran 79.36 miles and did 5 strength training sessions.